Sunday, August 17, 2008

Vintage Beads!


Vintage beads are one of my favorite things to work with. They're usually good quality (they'd have to be, to survive this long), they're pretty, and generally give a classy look.
I have a lot of older female relatives who know my obsession with crafts, so I always have a lot of old jewelry items that have either broken strings, or just aren't in style right now. So, I get to repurpose the beads into awesome things like this bracelet.

The black and golden beads used to be part of a necklace that broke a long time ago. Of course, some of the beads had gone missing, but there were enough left to make an awesome bracelet. The beads are strung on wire, because I wanted it to be sturdy--the original necklace was on string, which broke, and I find that the clear rubbery string always stretches out unpleasantly.

No comments: